Minara Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2019(MCCBA)
Minara Business of the Year
This award recognises an outstanding majority Muslim-owned business enterprise that has performed well consistently (both operationally and financially), achieved exceptional growth and is considered a market leader in its sector.
Criteria: The business must have been in existence for more than 10 years. The enterprise must be registered and compliant with all relevant legislation and regulations. The enterprise is expected to have adopted innovative and creative strategies supported by good long term planning in the achievement of its objectives. The enterprise must be shown to have adopted strong ethical and moral values in its operations and must enjoy good stakeholder relations
Minara Business Person of the Year:
This award recognises an outstanding individual who currently leads or manages a successful business.
Criteria: The nominee must be managing or owning a successful business and must have a track record of at least 10 years in business. During this time the nominee must have demonstrated strong commitment and dedication and excellent leadership coupled with a modern managerial outlook. The nominee should have a balanced outlook between community and society.
Minara Businesswoman of the Year
The Businesswoman of the Year is an outstanding female who is currently leading her own business.
Criteria: The nominee must be leading her own business and have been in business for at least 5 years. The nominee must demonstrate leadership, a modern managerial outlook, vision and commitment. The individual must show a balance between business and community involvement
Minara Young Entrepreneur of the Year
This award recognises a Young Entrepreneur who demonstrates entrepreneurship and innovation and shows the potential for excellence. This award recognises those special traits that make successful entrepreneurs so inspiring.
Criteria: The Entrepreneur must be below the age of 35 and must have been in the same business for more than three years. The Nominee must have started the business and be fully involved in the business. The enterprise must be innovative, show strong sustainability, growth and potential.
Minara Professional Award
An award presented to a professional who has reached the pinnacle of achievement in his/her profession.
Criteria: The individual has not only mastered his/her chosen profession but through diligence, dedication and commitment has set the benchmark for achievement in the chosen profession. This award is for a high achiever of exceptional talent in a profession.
Minara Community Builder
An award presented to a male or female, living or deceased who has made an exceptional contribution in the field of community service
Criteria: Any individual who has been selfless in service to humanity and whose contribution has benefitted society.
1.The awards are open to South African Muslims and to majority Muslim-owned business entities registered and operating in South Africa.
2. Nominations is free and no fee is payable for any nomination.
3. Any person can nominate himself or herself or his or her entity or be nominated by any other person or organisation in any of the categories.
4. Nominations will only be accepted in respect of business entities that are engaged in Islamically permissible activities.
5. The nominator must confirm the nomination and the nominee must confirm acceptance of the nomination by appending their respective
signatures to the nomination form.
6. A person or entity may only be nominated in a single category and not in multiple categories.
7.Incomplete and unsigned nomination forms will not be accepted.
8. For individuals, in addition to any other supporting information, all nomination forms must be accompanied by a copy of a South African Identity Document and a personal profile or curriculum vitae.
9. For business entities supporting documents must include the official registration documents and a company profile.
10. The nominee agrees to provide any additional information and to be interviewed, if requested, in support of the nomination.
11. Nominations will be adjudicated by an Adjudication Panel appointed by the Minara Chamber of Commerce.
12. Nominees consent to their names and images being used by Minara for marketing purposes and no fee shall accrue to the nominee for such use.
13. Directors and staff of the Minara Chamber and their immediate family members are not eligible for nomination.
14. The Nominee should not have received an award previously from the Minara Chamber since the inception of the Awards.
15. Winners will be announced at the Minara Recognition Awards Dinner.
16. The decision of the Adjudication Panel shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Nominations can be hand delivered or couriered to the Minara Chamber Offices.
Nominations can also be submitted via email to email@example.com
The closing date for nominations is 1st August 2019.